Chemical Engineering and Technology full-time first-cycle studies (bachelor's degree)
Educational profileacademic Tooltip
Language of instructionEnglish
FacultyFaculty of Chemistry
Enrollmentfrom 01 June 2023 to 12 July 2023 15:00
Description of the field of study
The study programme includes general education in the field of basic chemistry, general engineering activities and in the field of chemical technology and engineering, concerning, among others, typical chemical and mechanical processes used in the chemical industry, various physicochemical and analytical methods used to assess the properties of engineering materials, as well as the use of computer tools supporting design, modelling and manufacturing.
The study programme additionally gives the opportunity to individualise the path of education, in accordance with the student's interests, by selecting thematic blocks (specialities): sustainable chemical technologies (green chemical technologies eliminate waste, improve production safety, and its economics) or engineering of polymeric materials (polymers are ideal for all types of engineering applications to replace traditional materials with much simpler materials for manufacturing while maintaining their desired properties).
Graduates of first-degree studies in the field of chemical engineering and technology have a systematic, theoretically based general knowledge of the basic branches of chemistry as well as knowledge and engineering skills in the field of material engineering, process engineering, and chemical technology. They know modern technologies for the production of various chemical products, including ceramic, composite, and polymer engineering materials. The degree holders can use modern methods, techniques, and tools for structure identification, qualitative and quantitative analysis, and assessment of the properties of raw materials and products.
Graduates have the structured knowledge required to understand, design and supervise technological processes using a variety of experimental, computational, and simulation methods and techniques. They analyse the functioning of devices and technical systems used in these processes and indicate the possibilities of technology development. Degree holders are familiar with current trends in technology and chemical engineering. They know new technological solutions according to the principles of sustainable development, including use of technologies using natural and renewable resources, planning new pro-ecological technological solutions, waste management, and in particular the use of appropriate recycling technologies.
Graduates have knowledge of a general foreign language at the level of B2 proficiency of the European System of the Description of Language Education of the Council of Europe.
Interdisciplinary technical education allows graduates to take up professional work in the chemical, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, polymer processing, and food industries, as well as biotechnology, energy, and environmental protection. Working as engineers, technologists, and designers, graduates are sought-after engineering and managerial staff for almost all branches of the processing industry. They are also valued employees of industrial research and development laboratories as well as design studios and offices.
Typical positions held are: chemical engineer, process engineer, product engineer, process industry designer, equipment designer, research and development engineer, production specialist, laboratory research specialist, quality control specialist, laboratory analyst chemical installation operator, technological process operator, technical and commercial advisor.
Rules of recruitment
Resolution No. 49/2022 of the Senate of the Rzeszow University of Technology of 30 June 2022 (164 kB, PDF)
concerning the conditions, procedures and date of commencement and completion of recruitment for particular courses in first- and second-cycle studies in the academic year 2023/2024
Szczegółowy harmonogram poszczególnych etapów postępowania rekrutacyjnego na studia stacjonarne pierwszego stopnia - rekrutacja podstawowa (z wyłączeniem kierunku architektura)
Information in preparation
Submission of documents
Due to frequent enquiries on how to submit applications to study at Rzeszow University of Technology, we would like to inform you that applications can be submitted by:
- a candidate - in person,
- a candidate - by the Polish Post or any courier company (documents must be sent within the time limit specified in the recruitment schedule), a copy of the original or a copy of the a secondary school certificate or diploma certified by a notary as a true copy of the original,
- on behalf of the candidate - a person who has been authorised by a notary to undertake all actions in the recruitment procedure on the candidate's behalf. In this case, the authorised person may sign the required documents on behalf of the candidate: Model authorisation (8 KB, PDF)
Documents required from candidates for full-time and part-time first-cycle studies
- A candidate for full-time and part-time first-cycle studies qualified for admission to the first year of studies is required to submit the following documents by the date set out in the recruitment schedule respectively:
- a personal questionnaire (SIR APPLICATION FORM) - printed from the Online Recruitment System and signed by the candidate;
- a candidate with the so-called „new matura” (secondary school graduation examination from 2005): a copy of the original or a copy of the secondary school graduation certificate or a duplicate of the secondary school certificate, a copy of the supplement to the secondary school graduation certificate issued by the relevant Regional Examination Board - the original document must be presented to the ICR for inspection in order to certify that the copy of the submitted document is a true copy of the original;
- a candidate with the so-called „old matura” (secondary school graduation examination till 2005): a copy of the original or a copy of the secondary school graduation certificate or a duplicate of the secondary school certificate issued by the secondary school, and in the case of candidates who have a two-page secondary school graduation certificate, also a copy of the original secondary school diploma, a copy of the certificate of the results of matura examination in individual subjects referred to in the regulations on the educational system issued by the relevant Regional Examination Board - the original of the document should be presented to the ICR for inspection in order to certify that the copy of the submitted document is a true copy of the original;
- a candidate for studies conducted in Stalowa Wola: diploma confirming vocational qualifications in a profession taught at technical level - original document should be presented to the ICR for inspection in order to certify that the copy of the submitted document is a true copy of the original;
- a candidate holding a certificate or other document obtained abroad - a copy of the original certificate or other document obtained abroad, legalised or stamped with an apostille, together with a translation into Polish made by an authorised body, and in the case of a certificate or other document which, in accordance with the applicable legislation, is subject to recognition by an administrative decision of the school superintendent as a document certifying entitlement in the Republic of Poland to apply for admission to higher education, taking into account the scope of entitlement in the country in which the certificate or other document was issued, also a decision of the school superintendent issued by the school superintendent competent for the place of residence of the person applying for recognition, and if there is no place of residence on the territory of the Republic of Poland - the school superintendent competent for the seat of the institution in which the person intends to submit the certificate or other document obtained abroad - the original of the certificate or other document should be presented to the ICR for inspection in order to certify the conformity of the copy of the submitted document with its original;
- a candidate holding an International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma issued by the International Baccalaureate Organization in Geneva - a copy of the diploma together with a translation into Polish made by an authorized body - the original diploma must be presented to the ICR for inspection in order to certify that the copy of the submitted document is in conformity with the original;
- a candidate holding an EB (European Baccalaureate) diploma issued by a European School in accordance with the Convention on the Statute of the European Schools drawn up in Luxembourg on 21 June 1994 (Journal of Laws of 2005, No. 3, item 10) - a copy of the diploma together with a translation into Polish made by an authorised body - the original of the diploma must be presented to the ICR for inspection in order to certify that the copy of the submitted document is in conformity with the original;
- a declaration that you have read the information clause for university applicants available on the SIR system website - printed out from the Online Recruitment System and signed by the applicant.
- A candidate qualified for admission to a course of study conducted in English, who has not achieved a score between 80% and 100% in the new or old form of the secondary school graduation examination at the advanced level, is additionally obliged to submit a copy of a document certifying English language proficiency at a level of at least B2.
- Applicants from abroad are also required to provide:
- documents confirming proficiency of the language in which the studies will be carried out,
- documents confirming good health condition,
- documents confirming the right to health insurance in the territory of the Republic of Poland,
- Candidates admitted to study the following course of study: biotechnology, chemical and process engineering, pharmaceutical engineering, engineering in medicine, and chemical technology will receive a referral for a medical examination to a doctor of occupational medicine after admission to the university. Candidates are required to provide the dean's office of the relevant faculty with a medical certificate stating that there are no contraindications to start studying within 14 days of the start of the semester in accordance with the detailed academic year organisation.
1. Fee amountPLN 85
2. Deadline for paying the recruitment feeuntil 12 July 2023
3. Payment of the fee
Kandydat na studia pierwszego stopnia, który w ramach jednej rejestracji w Systemie Internetowej Rekrutacji (SIR), dokonuje wyboru dwóch kierunków studiów podstawowego i równoległego na tej samej formie studiów stacjonarnych lub niestacjonarnych wnosi jednorazową opłatę rekrutacyjną w wysokości określonej w pkt. 1.
Kandydat, który nie został przyjęty na wybrany kierunek studiów stacjonarnych pierwszego stopnia w rekrutacji podstawowej, ubiegający się ponownie o przyjęcie na studia stacjonarne pierwszego stopnia w rekrutacji uzupełniającej lub na studia niestacjonarne pierwszego stopnia wnosi ponownie opłatę za postępowanie związane z przyjęciem na studia w wysokości określonej odpowiednio w pkt. 1, z uwzględnieniem powyższego akapitu.
The applicant pays the recruitment fee referred to in para. 1 to an individual bank account number generated by the Online Recruitment System (SIR) during the registration process, by the deadline set out in para. 2.
The recruitment fee will be recorded in the SIR on the applicant's personal account (the "Recruitment fee" tab will light up green).
If the payment of the fee by the applicant has not been recorded in the SIR, the candidate must, no later than the closing date of the online registration (according to the recruitment schedule), immediately provide the Interdepartmental Recruitment Committee with proof of payment (in person, by fax, or electronically).
An applicant who fails to pay the recruitment fee in the amount and by the deadline set out respectively in para. 1 and 2 respectively, will not be considered in the recruitment procedure for the chosen course or courses of study.
4. Refund of the fee
Opłata rekrutacyjna podlega zwrotowi w przypadku:
- rezygnacji kandydata z ubiegania się o przyjęcie na studia wyższe zgłoszonej przed terminem zakończenia rejestracji w SIR, określonym odpowiednio w pkt. 2;
- unieważnienia rejestracji wskutek wniesienia opłaty po terminach określonych odpowiednio w pkt. 2;
- umotywowanej nieobecności kandydata na egzaminie wstępnym z uzdolnień artystycznych na kierunek architektura;
- nieuruchomienia kierunku studiów z powodu niewystarczającej liczby kandydatów;
- nadpłaty (wniesienie opłaty za kierunek równoległy).
Zwrotu opłaty rekrutacyjnej dokonuje się na pisemny wniosek kandydata, na wskazany przez niego rachunek bankowy.
Wniosek o zwrot opłaty rekrutacyjnej wraz z potwierdzeniem dowodu wpłaty kandydat jest zobowiązany złożyć do Międzywydziałowej Komisji Rekrutacyjnej w terminie do dnia 31 października 2023 r.
Kandydat ponosi wszelkie koszty związane z wniesieniem opłaty rekrutacyjnej, w tym koszty manipulacyjne, opłaty bankowe, prowizje, a także koszty związane ze zwrotem środków nadpłaconych w postępowaniu rekrutacyjnym z przyczyn nie leżących po stronie Uczelni.
Pliki do pobrania:
- Wniosek (33 KB, PDF)
w sprawie zwrotu opłaty wnoszonej przez kandydata za postępowanie związane z przyjęciem na studia wyższe
- Zarządzenie Nr 38/2023 Rektora Politechniki Rzeszowskiej z dnia 24 maja 2023 r. (410 KB, PDF)
w sprawie określenia zasad i terminu wnoszenia opłaty za przeprowadzenie rekrutacji na studia rozpoczynające się od semestru zimowego w roku akademickim 2023/2024 oraz warunków i trybu zwrotu wniesionej opłaty