Chemical Engineering and Technology full-time first-cycle studies (bachelor's degree)
Educational profileacademic Tooltip
Language of instructionEnglish
FacultyFaculty of Chemistry
Enrollmentfrom 01 June 2023 to 12 July 2023 15:00
Description of the field of study
The study programme includes general education in the field of basic chemistry, general engineering activities and in the field of chemical technology and engineering, concerning, among others, typical chemical and mechanical processes used in the chemical industry, various physicochemical and analytical methods used to assess the properties of engineering materials, as well as the use of computer tools supporting design, modelling and manufacturing.
The study programme additionally gives the opportunity to individualise the path of education, in accordance with the student's interests, by selecting thematic blocks (specialities): sustainable chemical technologies (green chemical technologies eliminate waste, improve production safety, and its economics) or engineering of polymeric materials (polymers are ideal for all types of engineering applications to replace traditional materials with much simpler materials for manufacturing while maintaining their desired properties).
Graduates of first-degree studies in the field of chemical engineering and technology have a systematic, theoretically based general knowledge of the basic branches of chemistry as well as knowledge and engineering skills in the field of material engineering, process engineering, and chemical technology. They know modern technologies for the production of various chemical products, including ceramic, composite, and polymer engineering materials. The degree holders can use modern methods, techniques, and tools for structure identification, qualitative and quantitative analysis, and assessment of the properties of raw materials and products.
Graduates have the structured knowledge required to understand, design and supervise technological processes using a variety of experimental, computational, and simulation methods and techniques. They analyse the functioning of devices and technical systems used in these processes and indicate the possibilities of technology development. Degree holders are familiar with current trends in technology and chemical engineering. They know new technological solutions according to the principles of sustainable development, including use of technologies using natural and renewable resources, planning new pro-ecological technological solutions, waste management, and in particular the use of appropriate recycling technologies.
Graduates have knowledge of a general foreign language at the level of B2 proficiency of the European System of the Description of Language Education of the Council of Europe.
Interdisciplinary technical education allows graduates to take up professional work in the chemical, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, polymer processing, and food industries, as well as biotechnology, energy, and environmental protection. Working as engineers, technologists, and designers, graduates are sought-after engineering and managerial staff for almost all branches of the processing industry. They are also valued employees of industrial research and development laboratories as well as design studios and offices.
Typical positions held are: chemical engineer, process engineer, product engineer, process industry designer, equipment designer, research and development engineer, production specialist, laboratory research specialist, quality control specialist, laboratory analyst chemical installation operator, technological process operator, technical and commercial advisor.
Rules of recruitment
Resolution No. 49/2022 of the Senate Rzeszow University of Technology of 30 June 2022 (164 kB, PDF)
concerning the conditions, procedures and date of commencement and completion of recruitment for particular courses in first- and second-cycle studies in the academic year 2023/2024
Resolution No. 38/2023 of the Senate Rzeszow University of Technology of 25 May 2023 (425 kB, PDF)
amending Resolution No. 49/2022 of the Senate of the Ignacy Lukasiewicz Rzeszow University of Technology of 30 June 2022, regarding the conditions, procedure and date of commencement and completion of recruitment for individual first- and second-cycle studies in the academic year 2023/2024
Attachment to the resolution No. 38/2023 of the Senate Rzeszow University of Technology of 25 May 2023 (in Polish, 384 kB, PDF)
Consolidated text of the conditions, procedures and date of commencement and completion of recruitment for particular courses in first- and second-cycle studies in the academic year 2023/2024
Order No. 46/2023 of the Rector of Rzeszow University of Technology of 31 May 2023 (426 kB, PDF)
regarding detailed requirements for the documents entitling foreign candidates to apply for admission to studies at Rzeszów University of Technology for the academic year 2023/2024
List of subjects to be considered for admission
|1||Mathematics||x 1||x 2|
|2||Chemistry or Physics and Astronomy/Physics or Biology or Computer Science||x 1||x 2|
A detailed schedule of the individual stages of the recruitment procedure for full-time first-cycle studies - basic recruitment
|1||Registration of candidates in the Internet Recruitment System (SIR) and payment of the fee for the procedure related to admission to studies (also applies to foreigners)||from June 1, 2023|
to July 12, 2023 until 3 p.m.
|2||Uploading a scan of the original or a copy of the secondary school-leaving certificate issued by the school or OKE to the personal registration account in SIR in order to verify the results of the final exams - applies to persons who have not consented to the processing of data in KReM and persons with the so-called "old Matura exam"||until July 12, 2023 until 3 p.m.|
|3||Uploading scans of original documents confirming the title of laureate or finalist of central level olympiads to the personal registration account at SIR in order to verify the eligibility to undertake studies under the rules applicable to winners and finalists of central level olympiads x)|
|4||Uploading scans of original documents confirming the award of the title of laureate of an international or national competition to the personal registration account at SIR in order to verify the eligibility to undertake studies under the rules applicable to winners of international and national competitions x)|
|5||Uploading scans of original certificates or other documents obtained abroad confirming the eligibility to undertake studies on the personal registration account at SIR|
|6||Uploading a scan of the original diploma confirming professional qualifications in the profession taught at the technician level to the personal registration account at SIR by candidates for studies conducted in Stalowa Wola|
|7||Meeting of the Inter-faculty Admissions Committee (determining the required minimum number of points entitling to admission to studies)||July 14, 2023 at 9 a.m.|
|8||Announcement of lists of candidates qualified for admission to studies and candidates placed on reserve lists *)||July 14, 2023 at 11 a.m.|
|9||Receipt and verification of documents from candidates qualified for admission to studies **)||July 14, 2023 from noon to 3 p.m.|
from 17 to 18 July 2023, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
(documents sent by post must reach MKR by July 18, 2023, 3 p.m. - the date of receipt of documents by MKR is decisive)
|10||Announcement of lists of persons admitted to studies from the basic lists and lists of candidates qualified for admission from the reserve lists||July 19, 2023 at 2 p.m.|
|11||Receipt and verification of documents from candidates qualified for admission to studies from the reserve lists **)||July 21, 2023|
from 24 to 25 July 2023, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
(documents sent by post must reach MKR by July 25, 2023, 3 p.m. - the date of receipt of documents by MKR is decisive)
|12||Announcement of lists of persons admitted to studies||July 26, 2023 at noon|
|13||Sending decisions and notifications||from July 27, 2023|
x) Lack of documents confirming the title of a laureate or finalist of a central level olympiad or an international or national competition shall be treated as resignation from the right to qualify for studies under the rules applicable to laureates and finalists of olympiads or competitions.
*) The announcement of the lists will take place after verification of the results of the final exams in the National Register of Matura exams (KReM). Persons who have not consented to the processing of data in KReM and persons with the so-called "old matura" in order to verify the results of the matura exams, are required to place a scan of the original or a copy of the secondary school-leaving certificate issued by the school or OKE on their personal registration account in SIR within the deadline for online registration of candidates (not later than July 12, 2023, 3 p.m.) - also applies to Polish citizens who graduated from a secondary school abroad and foreigners.
**) Failure to submit the required documents within the given deadline shall be treated as resignation from studies, tantamount to being removed from the list of persons qualified for admission.
Submission of documents
Due to frequent enquiries on how to submit applications to study at Rzeszow University of Technology, we would like to inform you that applications can be submitted by:
- a candidate - in person,
- a candidate - by the Polish Post or any courier company (documents must be sent within the time limit specified in the recruitment schedule), a copy of the original or a copy of the a secondary school certificate or diploma certified by a notary as a true copy of the original,
- on behalf of the candidate - a person who has been authorised by a notary to undertake all actions in the recruitment procedure on the candidate's behalf. In this case, the authorised person may sign the required documents on behalf of the candidate: Model authorisation (8 KB, PDF)
Documents required from candidates for full-time and part-time first-cycle studies
- A candidate for full-time and part-time first-cycle studies qualified for admission to the first year of studies is required to submit the following documents by the date set out in the recruitment schedule respectively:
- a personal questionnaire (SIR APPLICATION FORM) - printed from the Online Recruitment System and signed by the candidate;
- a candidate with the so-called „new matura” (secondary school graduation examination from 2005): a copy of the original or a copy of the secondary school graduation certificate or a duplicate of the secondary school certificate, a copy of the supplement to the secondary school graduation certificate issued by the relevant Regional Examination Board - the original document must be presented to the ICR for inspection in order to certify that the copy of the submitted document is a true copy of the original;
- a candidate with the so-called „old matura” (secondary school graduation examination till 2005): a copy of the original or a copy of the secondary school graduation certificate or a duplicate of the secondary school certificate issued by the secondary school, and in the case of candidates who have a two-page secondary school graduation certificate, also a copy of the original secondary school diploma, a copy of the certificate of the results of matura examination in individual subjects referred to in the regulations on the educational system issued by the relevant Regional Examination Board - the original of the document should be presented to the ICR for inspection in order to certify that the copy of the submitted document is a true copy of the original;
- a candidate for studies conducted in Stalowa Wola: diploma confirming vocational qualifications in a profession taught at technical level - original document should be presented to the ICR for inspection in order to certify that the copy of the submitted document is a true copy of the original;
- a candidate holding a certificate or other document obtained abroad - a copy of the original certificate or other document obtained abroad, legalised or stamped with an apostille, together with a translation into Polish made by an authorised body, and in the case of a certificate or other document which, in accordance with the applicable legislation, is subject to recognition by an administrative decision of the school superintendent as a document certifying entitlement in the Republic of Poland to apply for admission to higher education, taking into account the scope of entitlement in the country in which the certificate or other document was issued, also a decision of the school superintendent issued by the school superintendent competent for the place of residence of the person applying for recognition, and if there is no place of residence on the territory of the Republic of Poland - the school superintendent competent for the seat of the institution in which the person intends to submit the certificate or other document obtained abroad - the original of the certificate or other document should be presented to the ICR for inspection in order to certify the conformity of the copy of the submitted document with its original;
- a candidate holding an International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma issued by the International Baccalaureate Organization in Geneva - a copy of the diploma together with a translation into Polish made by an authorized body - the original diploma must be presented to the ICR for inspection in order to certify that the copy of the submitted document is in conformity with the original;
- a candidate holding an EB (European Baccalaureate) diploma issued by a European School in accordance with the Convention on the Statute of the European Schools drawn up in Luxembourg on 21 June 1994 (Journal of Laws of 2005, No. 3, item 10) - a copy of the diploma together with a translation into Polish made by an authorised body - the original of the diploma must be presented to the ICR for inspection in order to certify that the copy of the submitted document is in conformity with the original;
- a declaration that you have read the information clause for university applicants available on the SIR system website - printed out from the Online Recruitment System and signed by the applicant.
- A candidate qualified for admission to studies conducted in English, who is a Polish citizen and did not achieve a result ranging from 80% to 100% in the extended level English language exam or the secondary school leaving exam, is obligated to submit a copy of a document certifying their knowledge of the English language as defined in regulations issued based on the paragraph 3.
- A foreign candidate is also obligated to provide:
- documents confirming their proficiency in the language in which the studies will be conducted,
- documents confirming good health condition,
- documents confirming the right to health insurance in the territory of the Republic of Poland,
- Candidates admitted to study the following course of study: Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering and Technology, Chemical and Process Engineering, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Medical Engeneering and Chemical Technology will receive a referral for a medical examination to a doctor of occupational medicine after admission to the university. Candidates are required to provide the dean's office of the relevant faculty with a medical certificate stating that there are no contraindications to start studying within 14 days of the start of the semester in accordance with the detailed academic year organisation.
The tuition feePLN 7330 / semester
1. Fee amountPLN 85
2. Deadline for paying the recruitment feeuntil 12 July 2023
3. Payment of the fee
A candidate for a first-cycle degree programme who, in the course of a single registration in the Online Recruitment System, hereinafter referred to as the "SIR", chooses two courses of study, a basic course of study and a parallel course of study in the same form of full-time or part-time study, shall pay a one-off recruitment fee in the amount specified in point 1.
A candidate who was not admitted to a selected full-time first-cycle programme in basic recruitment, reapplying for admission to a full-time first-cycle programme in supplementary recruitment or to a part-time first-cycle programme, shall again pay a fee for the admission procedure in the amount set out respectively in point 1, taking into account section above.
The candidate shall pay the recruitment fee referred to in point 1 to the individual bank account number generated by the SIR during the registration process, within the deadline set out in point 2 respectively.
The recruitment fee will be recorded in the SIR on the candidate's personal account (the "Recruitment fee" tab will light up green).
If the payment of the fee by the applicant has not been recorded in the SIR, the candidate must, no later than the closing date of the online registration (according to the recruitment schedule), immediately provide the Interdepartmental Recruitment Committee with proof of payment (in person, by fax, or electronically).
A candidate who fails to pay the recruitment fee in the amount and by the deadline specified in point 2 respectively, will not be considered for the recruitment process in the chosen field or fields of study.
4. Refund of the fee
The recruitment fee is refundable in the event of:
- the candidate's withdrawal from the application for higher education notified before the closing date for registration in the SIR, as defined respectively in point 2;
- cancellation of the registration as a result of payment of the fee after the deadlines specified in point 2;
- excused absence of the candidate from the entrance examination on artistic aptitude for the faculty of architecture;
- failure to establish a course of study due to an insufficient number of applicants;
- overpayment (payment of the fee for a parallel course of study).
Refund of the recruitment fee shall be made upon written request by the candidate, to the bank account indicated by the candidate.
A request for a refund of the recruitment fee, together with the payment confirmation, must be submitted by the candidate to the Interdepartmental Recruitment Committee by 31 October 2023.
The candidate shall bear all costs associated with the payment of the recruitment fee, including handling costs, bank charges, commissions, as well as costs associated with the return of funds overpaid in the recruitment procedure for reasons not attributable to the University.